Job: Direct Support Professional (DSP)arcthreerivers_tb6vq82023-07-26T12:17:51-04:00
|| Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Looking for caring and compassionate individuals who can work with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to help improve daily living skills. Must have a high school diploma or GED, and a valid WV driver’s license (some positions do not require driving). Full-time or Part-time positions available, day, evening, and midnight shifts available.
The DSP works directly under the direct supervision of the department supervisor. The DSP performs direct client care duties, activities, and maintains a positive physical, social, and psychological environment for all persons we serve.
- High School Diploma or GED Certification;
- Must have a valid WV driver’s license or approved government ID; and
- Must provide proof of valid Driver’s License, auto insurance, vehicle registration, and auto inspection if transporting clients is required for job. Anyone who does not have a valid Driver’s License, Proof of Auto Insurance, Vehicle Registration and Auto Inspection will not be allowed to transport individuals we serve.
- Deliver services pursuant to the individual’s approved Treatment Plan (IPP).
- Assist the individuals we serve with personal care functions such as bathing, dressing, grooming, positioning, and transferring as necessary.
- Assist individuals with working on daily living skills, based off of their Treatment Plan, which can include social skills, academic skills, per-vocational skills, safety awareness, hygiene skills, etc.
- Know and implement special dietary needs of the individuals we serve.
- Implement the active treatment protocol and all formal/informal training plans complete with required documentation.
- Implement the appropriate Behavioral Support Plan/Protocol when needed.
- Accurately complete all necessary Behavior Support tracking documentation within the timeframe specified by DSP’s direct supervisor.
- DSP must practice proper techniques when lifting and abide by all safety and OSHA regulations.
- DSP may need to be AMAP certified.
- Must be able to follow the guidelines set forth in The Arc of The Three Rivers’ Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Perform cleaning tasks as assigned
- keeping your assigned areas clean and free from clutter
- Safely transports all persons we serve. (Anyone who does not have a valid Driver’s License and/or Proof of Auto Insurance will not be allowed to transport a person we serve).
- Accurately complete all necessary billing documentation within the time-frame specified by DSP’s direct supervisor.
- Report Incidents and suspicions of Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation immediately as they occur per Arc of the Three Rivers Reporting procedures.
- Required to complete all mandated training’s at least annually (unless otherwise specified).
- Other Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and interact with the individuals we serve (and others associated with those individuals) in a positive manner;
- Interact in positive manner with employees, suppliers, coworkers, and the public.
- Cooperate with staff, the individuals we support, administration, and other support personnel.
- Attend additional staff development activities to increase job skills and knowledge.
- Must have the ability to convey a positive attitude/image and the ability to present a positive model/example for individuals served and other employees.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively written and oral, and the ability to assume a leadership role.
- Able to be a team-player and work with all other staff in order to accomplish the Mission of The Arc of the Three Rivers.
The Arc of the Three Rivers, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. It is the policy of The Arc of the Three Rivers, Inc. to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, The Arc of the Three Rivers, Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment. Accordingly, The Arc of the Three Rivers, Inc. will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any supervisor, co-worker, vendor, client, or customer of The Arc of the Three Rivers, Inc..